Forcing a new page
Dave White
2008-06-11 21:48:50 UTC
I need to be able to force Rave to generate a new page under program
control. If I send, say 500 records, Rave will take care of generating a new
page as each page fills up, but I want to put a 'control code' in one of the
fields that forces a new page before the page is full. This will allow me to
break my data at a more convenient point.

I thought I could use a piece of Rave script that checks for the first field
being '<newpage>', then forces a page break, but I can't find any way to do
this in Rave. Is it possible?

An example - my data is:

13C Chlorophenol
13C Chlorovanillin
..... lots more entries
13C Heptachlor
Chlorophenol
Chlorovanillin
..... lots more entries
Heptachlor

I want to force a page break after the 13C entries, so I'd send

13C Chlorophenol
13C Chlorovanillin
..... lots more entries
13C Heptachlor
<newpage>
Chlorophenol
Chlorovanillin
..... lots more entries
Heptachlor
Dave White
2008-06-11 22:06:05 UTC
Sorry, I forgot to mention

Rave BEX 7.0.5 and Delphi 7
Trevor Keegan
2008-06-12 00:43:15 UTC

Sounds like all you need is to use the group band, and simply set group
properties to refer to the 'control' field and set the NewPage property on
the band to true.

Regards
Trevor Keegan
Dave White
2008-06-12 05:34:15 UTC
Post by Trevor Keegan
Hi,
Sounds like all you need is to use the group band, and simply set group
properties to refer to the 'control' field and set the NewPage property on
the band to true.
That works great - thanks.