erase from drawing on code based report
Tonny
2008-06-03 09:35:02 UTC
Hello,

Does anyone know if there's a way to erase something from a drawing of a
code based Rave Report, for instance through overwriting with a solid white
rectangle?

Thanks,
Tonny
Karol Bieniaszewski
2008-06-03 09:51:23 UTC
Post by Tonny
Hello,
Does anyone know if there's a way to erase something from a drawing of a
code based Rave Report, for instance through overwriting with a solid
white rectangle?
Thanks,
Tonny
You answer self
draw rectangle when you reach end of page

Karol Bieniaszewski
Tonny
2008-06-03 12:29:28 UTC
Thank you for your quick response, but putting a solid rectangle above
something else on the report (for instance some lines), doesn't erase or
blank out that area (that part of the lines...) on the report.
Or what did you mean with "when you reach end of page?"

Kind regard,
Tonny.
Karol Bieniaszewski
Karol Bieniaszewski
2008-06-04 06:03:00 UTC
Post by Tonny
Thank you for your quick response, but putting a solid rectangle above
something else on the report (for instance some lines), doesn't erase or
blank out that area (that part of the lines...) on the report
Or what did you mean with "when you reach end of page?"
This must be last comand on page (after drawing all you erase area)

Karol Bieniaszewski
Tonny
2008-06-09 07:20:33 UTC
But that doesn't work... When I draw a black line and draw a white rectangle
over a part of it, I still get a complete black line... It seems like the
white rectangle is drawn transparant over what is drawn before on the
report...
I some way I can understand it doesn't work... If you print something, it
can not be erased, but I wonder if it really is no way to solve this...

Kind reagards,
TR
Karol Bieniaszewski
Karol Bieniaszewski
2008-06-10 05:38:02 UTC
And what with text?
Also is "on" rectangle or only lines are "on" but text is erased?
I know that this is stupid but if only lines then try draw not vertical nor
horizontal lines
but some like moveto(10, 10); lineto(100, 10 + delta) - where delta is small
like 0.001

Work now?

Karol Bieniaszewski
Karol Bieniaszewski
Tonny
2008-06-13 11:17:40 UTC
Yes!!! It worked!!!

Text and (filled) ellipses can be erased by overwriting them with a filled
white rectangle, but straight lines or rectangles not... But by drawing them
just a very little bit slanted, they can be erased indeed!

To bad this bug isn't documented by Nevrona, it could have saved me a lot of
time...
I'll contact them to request to add this to their (new) website.

Karol, thank you very much for this golden tip!

Kind regards,