Example or Tutorial
Gary Good
2008-07-11 13:20:05 UTC
I am having trouble using Rave Reports. I have created a simple report
using a wizard. It produces the desired output when viewed within the
Rave Designer.

When I try to create the same output from within delphi my app shuts
down with no error messages.

I tried an exe demo. It had three examples, The first and last example
worked fine the second caused the exe to hang on the "generating page 1"
message.
Trevor Keegan
2008-07-15 00:53:22 UTC
Hello Gary,
When I try to create the same output from within delphi my app shuts down
with no error messages.
Did you have any scripting in the report? If so, did you compile it first?
Although, this should not cause your application to just shutdown.
I tried an exe demo. It had three examples, The first and last example
worked fine the second caused the exe to hang on the "generating page 1"
message.
Did it hang, or was it timing out? If you were using Direct connections,
and the connection could not be found then the application will timeout (and
appear to hang for about a minute). In this case, just make sure that your
connection as beenn created

Regards
Trevor Keegan