Unable to write to Rave.ine
Kevin Tye
2008-02-02 17:52:48 UTC
I've used earlier versions of Rave reports for quite a bit, but I'm
having a heck of a time getting Rave 7.5 BE installed and running in
Delphi 2007 for Win 32 Professional on a Windows Vista machine. Here's
what I've tried:

1.) I logged on as Admin
2.) Originally I tried installing from the Delphi 2007 CD and this did
not install the components into Delphi.
3.) I went to Component | Install packages and installed dclRave.bpl.
This seemed to install the components, but if I drop a TRvProject
component on form, set the ProjectFile property and attempt to open the
Rave Visual Designer I get an error: "Unable to write to Rave.ini"

4.) I downloaded the latest version 7.5.2 BE, uninstalled the earlier
version, and repeated the above steps. Same result.

5.) I've done several searches online to see if I could find a post
that would help me out.

Any suggestions?

Best Regards,

Kevin Tye
William O.
2008-07-17 23:29:46 UTC
I've just encountered this same issue running RAD2007 under Vista (Ult.
32bit).
Changing folder permissions and file properties didn't allow the IDE to open
it. The only way I could get the report designer to open was to run Rave.exe
(with admin rights and folder privileges set) directly from "C:\Program
Files\CodeGear\....\RaveReports". As long as you have your project running
in the IDE then it should be able to find your dataviews.

Regards,
William.