Access violation in RTL100.BPL when I execute my report. (rave 7.5.2 BE)
Warren Postma
2008-04-04 13:42:20 UTC
I haven't tried the reporting feature lately in one of my software
applications (it's an obscure feature and was only added in for my
benefit, the end users seldom if ever use it), nevertheless I was
dismayed to find it is completely broken. I get access violations and
exceptions when I try to execute my report. This is RAVE 7.5.2 BE
(borland built in edition) on Delphi 2007,
and a fairly simple report.

When I open the report project up in the Rave Report Designer, it views
fine in design time mode but when I execute it and try to generate an
on-screen preview, or print it, I get
an access violation:

Access violation at address 2000679A in module 'rtl100.bpl'. Read of
address 5300296C.

Anyone got any idea what's up?

Warren
Warren Postma
2008-04-04 14:14:47 UTC
I have played around a bit more and found that a Table component in my
application changed from String field to Float but with the same name,
after refreshing the table columns in the rave designer, now everything
appears good, but instead of an RTL exception in RTL.BPL, I now get the
following exception:

Access violation at address 03D260B0 in module 'RvEngine75.bpl'. Read of
address 6F6C6F43.

Anybody got any ideas how to run this one down? I think I might start
over with a minimal tiny project and see if I can get Rave to work at
all for me in Delphi2007 [11.0.2902.10471]

Warren